Skip to main content

The Last Call

I was trying Jennie’s phone from few minutes ago but, still no answer came from her. It was an autumn evening, I was seating on the old benches of Rosewood Park near the Beehive garden. The Dried yellow leaves covered the thin roads inside the park. Many couples were enjoying themselves in that romantic evening, except me who was just getting frustrated for an unanswered phone call. Suddenly, she ranged me back in return. I stood up and answered;
Me: Where was you when I ee………
She: Oh man! 7 missed calls, shit……I can’t reply to it because my phone was kept silent on my bed and I was in the living room. So sorry for that Anees!
Me: What’s there so special to keep your personal phone silent for a long time? I’m trying to get you from noon.
She: You don’t know my brother John, he is very naughty. Whenever I’m on a call with someone, he snatches the phone and give it to my mom. So, I’m
afraid of it. We are in a personal relationship right?
Me: Yah,….So ?
She: If my Parents came to know about it, they will kill me. So, it will be better you won’t call me again. When I’ll have a free time, I will call you.
Me: But Jennie, I can’t live without talking to you.           
She: Ok fine bye…..call you later my mom is calling me.
I haven’t completed my sentence, she ended the call. Jennie is a good girl but she was a domestic one. She always remains at home except going to school with her Father. Her parents appointed private teachers to teach her in at home. She was also very caring towards me.

Past Life:- 

We met in Poland 2 years ago, when I went there for my internship programs in a software company in the 3rd year of my bachelor's degree in Engineering. Jennie used to sit just beside me in the office meetings. After few days of the internship program, I went to the office canteen to take a coffee break. I saw her sitting on a chair with her lappy and some of the books on the table. She was looking beautiful in her open hairs and sprinkling eyes that was bringing a joy inside my soul. I took a coffee and sat in front of her. She stood up and asked "Yah.. how can I help you?" I answered "no no, I haven't came here for help", You are looking beautiful today, I must say. Are you flirty ? She asked. No, I am speaking the truth. She laughed at me and said I was just kidding man don't be so serious. I laughed. We talked with each other for a while and our numbers were exchanged. Upto few days we text each other for hours at night. Finally, the day came when I proposed her. She was shocked to react over it. She said "Have we ever met before ?". And started walking towards the bus stop. I ran behind her and said 'you have not 
answered me what I asked'. She said, Ok fine but I need time. I text her again in the evening and asked her I 
was very sorry for today, I haven't asked you that you also have a boyfriend or not..? but she doesn't 
answered it. I was in a suspense for few days. My internship program was going to end and this was the last week. She called me back on the evening and said can we meet up tomorrow at noon. My emptiness vanished and a smile of sighness was on my face. I replied, ofcourse why not. When ? I asked. 3 pm on the noon at Tolsisan cafe in burgman street. Next day was Sunday, I woke up early in the morning, got fresh and bear up with a handsome look for my first date with Jennie. I dressed up well and took a Taxi before the time to reach the cafe before her. Remember one thing, when you are on a date always be faster and reach the dating spot before time because girls like puntual boys too and who likes to wait for them. I reached and was waiting outside the cafe for her. She came by a taxi. She was looking gorgeous in her get up. We went inside the cafe and sat in front of each other. I ordered two Cappuccino. We both were feeling sigh to start the 
conversation between each other. So, she started;

She : I taken too much time I’m sorry for that.
Me : No it’s Ok! You have the priority too.
She : See Mr. I want to say that I have a condition and if you want to stay with me, you have to obey those.
Me : Yah, fine why not!
She : First of all my parent’s are very strict. But, we shouldn’t tell it to our parents for our marriage because we need to know each other more. We should keep it private.
Me : So............, What’s Next, you thought about ?
She : I like You Anees, but we need to know more about each other.
Suddenly, the waiter arrived to our table and said “Your
order sir”. We took our coffee, and came out. She said bye, talk to you at night. After a month we build up ourselves in a happy relationship and we promise to marry each other after we get a job. After the internships I returned to Taxas again and my semesters were nearer. I go for college classes daily. Jennie used to call me at night when all of her family get asleep. Sometimes we used to talk late nights too.

Present Scene:- 

But today she is betraying me due to her naughty little brother. I was not feeling better without talking with her. At, 8:30 pm she called me up again, I took up the phone call but, I can’t speak anything after hearing her crying voice. I said
Me : “Hello Jennie! Is everything fine ?”
She : cry cries……I’m sorry Anees! Sorry for it again.
Me: What sorry Jennie? What happened tell me? Are you facing any problem, please tell me now?......
She : Today, my mom snatched my phone when I was going to text a friend for tomorrow’s classes and she saw all
the conversation that took place between us. She will complain it to my father and I will be in a serious danger.
Me : I will meet with your mom next week and I will tell her the truth. Just wait Jennie, Let me come!
She : They will not agree and will force you to marry me now at this stage. They will torture me more and more if you betrayed. They said me today, to forget you or they will kick me out of the house and my mom said that she will forget that she also has a daughter.
Me : Jennie don’t worry everything will be fine…..Don’t cry. Try to understand how can I marry you now? I don’t have a job and by B.E. is going to be completed in this year.
She: Forget me Anees, I came into your life as a change but I couldn’t change it. Don’t call me back again. My blessings and hope will always remain with you, you will also get a good life partner better than me. Focus on your Career and you’ll get a good job. Stay good and healthy, don’t cry for me. Bye miss you
"Anees………..Take care……."
The call was ended, I was upset for few days. I can’t forget that incident that took place that night.

Years Later:-

Today, I’m Working in INVC software solutions in London for last 2 years and I’m married. One day, my wife Suzan asked me about an incident that took place with me that changed my whole life, “The last call” I answered !
    -Indrajit Kar.       


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m in love with you.

I'm in love with you, Whenever you smiled at me; My tensions get flew!                                 I'm in love with you, Whenever I look into your eyes; In summer I feel myself in the ocean of ice!   I'm in love with you; We will be together, If you love me forever!   I'm in love with you, In the tough times; You are my support, my spine!   I'm in love with you, I'll be yours, I promise; If you are apart, I will miss!   I'm in love with you, I never thought of others Except, you.                                                                       - Indrajit.

Absence !

Your absence is just like a struggle to my mind; My heart was an Amorist, that amored when you denied. My love was aphonic, but burdly and splendid; For you it was like a puzzle, you broke it! . I may not be the one ideal, but the real; My love was not esoteric, but it was areal. You are like an arcane lassy, who was meant by few; Your ariose beauty, always get me blew! . I miss those tables and chairs in the cafeteria, where we sat; I too miss those days, when we do late-night chats. Your voice was canorous, that never feel me alone, Being your absence, it feels my heart was thrown! . I was crazed about you for years, But when you refuse, my eyes were filled with tears. My time period was getting more longer; As passing days without you were very stronger! . After you left, I'm off-tracked; Your egregious mind, letting me get you smacked. Unfortunately, I stopped, when you blush; Finally, let me say, you were my favorite crush! -Indr

In my room.

In my room. My room is my shelter, my home, Where I live and roam. It is the place where, l play ; Remain safe and feel slay. When I come inside, through the room door, I feel comfortable more; Nobody in my room lives here, Except for me and my things there. My belongings are full in my room, Which I have to clean and broom. No one other of my things rather; Only about my things, I have to bother. I have a bed where, I sleep and rest. I keep clean my pillows and blanket, keep it aside on my bed; So, it doesn't feel like a fest! Facing towards the east there is a windowpane, At least, from where my room air gains. Keep it fresh and fragrance filthy, So I feel to breathe healthy. Full of books and study belongings, there is a table, Where I sit on a chair to be able; To do my deeds, As I like to write and read! In my table, I have a stuffed toy; that brings inside me a joy. Loneliness in me disappear, When I se